twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Manga: Saint Young Men

Originally posted at Mangabullet

I had heard of the manga "Saint Young Men" from my friend Yvie, as well as via the feeds of Anime News Network. I normally don't read or watch stuff that has something to do with religion (mostly because I find it boring) but I decided to give this a go.

"Saint Young Men" is about Jesus and Buddha taking a vacation from their "jobs" and decided to spend it in Japan. They share an apartment and go about their days living like ordinary young men (though in many cases, they retain their powers).

The manga doesn't tackle religious issues (which would definitely spark some controversy), nor does it try to say anything about either religion. If you remember Joan Osborne's song "What if God was one of us?" this manga goes along that line.

It's full of one liners, funny quips and random moments that you can't help but laugh out loud at. Think of this: Jesus is a popular blogger who reviews TV dramas, Buddha wants to be a mangaka, and both of them wish that people would depict them a little more positively than how they do now.

I take this with a grain of salt and just enjoy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...